Friday, April 6, 2012

OBASANJO...DENIES THAT 3RD TERM GIST


Nigerians..do we really want to know?  Of what benefit is it to Nigerians?
"If I wanted a third term, I know how to go about it. And there is nothing I wanted that God has not given me. So, if I wanted a third term, I know how to go about it and I would have gotten it,” Obasanjo said with emphasis.
 He said those who spoke about his alleged move to secure a third term, including his then deputy, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, have never mentioned that he discussed the issue with anyone or the name of anyone but have only said they knew there was a plan for tenure elongation.
If you want to hear the full gist, tune to Channels Television by 2:30pm (Nigerian Time) to watch the interview.
 He said the bill was initiated by the National Assembly, adding that the then Chairman of the joint committee of the National Assembly on the review of the constitution, Senator Ibrahim Mantu, never said he initiated or mandated the committee to include the clause in the proposed amendment.
He added: “There is no one that is close to me that can say I even mentioned to him that I was interested in a third term.”

Nigeria have thier opinion and whatever that interview is meant to achieve really does not count. Not like 'BABA'  really cares what Nigerians think...he has lived through his tenure. Nigerians have other things to worry about than verify if Obasanjo orchestrated the 3rd term or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment