To be successful, you must want it for yourself and have it…. Because you cannot give what you do not have. Many people are chasing success and it continually eludes them. Success is not a myth; it is achievable and happens everyday.
- Define what success means to you. Know the level you want to attain in this life. That is the foundation to what your life becomes. Know who you are and what you really want.
- Have the right mental posture for success: believe you can, believe it can be achieved. Believe your dreams, goals are possible. Develop and maintain not just a positive attitude but a YES attitude.
- Invest in the right Association. How successful are the people you are hanging out with? If you are the only champion in your group of friends and acquaintances, you are likely to suffer decline.
- Be prepared! Run consistently with your dreams and goals. Stay alert to seize and create opportunities when it is possible.
- Be Informed and Educated. Have the hunger to know, except you know everything! Know what is new, what is hot and what is not. Be a resourceful person, a problem solver with the willingness to help others.
- Resist the temptation to blame others or yourself. It is your life, make yourself responsible; this will help you make better choices and accept failure in good light when it happens. Being responsible helps you not to be too hard on yourself and know when to take risks.
- Always keep your eyes on the prize. Keep your dreams alive by staying focused on them till they happen.
- Do away with unproductive habits and relationships. Avoid people who will rain on your parade. People who are full of the negatives; nothing ever happens for them. They know exactly how to run down your morale.
- Be a seed sower not always the fruit eater. Invest….not always the spender.
- Kick your own ass. This helps you stay ahead of the pack. Your aim should be to set the pace, not to be lost in the multitude…otherwise stay behind the multitude, just make sure you are not lost in the crowd.
- Declutter your life. Do away with emotions, things and people you do not need at a particular point in time to make your race in life faster.
- Enjoy the ride….. if you cannot find the balance in your spiritual, emotional and physical life or you do not know how to draw the line between career and personal life or you don’t know how to enjoy the simple free things of life…. You are running at a loss. There is no point at all chasing success because without this balance, you will not achieve it.
It is your life….don’t sit there expecting someone or some angel to fall down from heaven and make it happen for you, to inspire you or improve your determination. Stop whining how no one cares about you and how selfish the rest of the world is….just like you: every other person has a bit of selfishness and prejudice in them. The world can’t just be perfect. Not now, not anytime soon.
You have that responsibility to yourself to achieve the success you desire. If you do not like the way your life is going, perhaps you should ask what exactly you did, did not do or is still doing that keeps you at that same position. It is time you mind your business….your own business! Do not waste precious time at things you cannot control the outcome. Champion your own course and run your own race.