Thursday, October 13, 2011

BEING A CHILD ALL OVER AGAIN

Being a child was not without dreams…
you cannot be a child and not have fantasies, it’s exactly why children are who they are. That was like experiencing Carte blanche. You find inspirations every where. Children just believe any dream was possible. You dream of buying any car, building a house, travelling all over the world and even to the moon, for all you cared about, nothing was impossible. Adults would laugh sometimes because they felt; children did not understand how the world works and life isn’t easy, as I started hearing later on in my life. I guess being a child has many advantages, just as children believe, they easily forgive. Adults are just complicated, I guess; they have a fast way of judging everything and taking sides. Adults are for the most part serious; some do not even have time to joke!
I have always had dreams and all manner perhaps, I believe in wishes (as dumb as it may be) because I know you sometimes get what you wish for and dreams still do come true. As a child, when I saw Doctors, I wanted to be one, when I saw a cute Nurse like my mum; I wanted to be that Nurse. When I saw a lawyer with that gown and wig, I am the first to want to be that lawyer, when I boarded a plane; I just wanted to be a Pilot in that cockpit, when I saw Patti Boulaye on Lux beauty soap commercial, I wanted to be, I wanted to be that model in Venus de Milo advert…… everything was just possible, I could be all of them joined together. For all I know, God loved me and I never doubted that but as an adult, when things get really tight, it is so easy to forget.
As I grew older I started aligning my dreams to what I thought would be okay, what was normal, what the society considered to be success. As time passed, I figured exactly what was really important and I made sure sometimes that I did not get my life complicated like adults. I always wanted that childlike carefree nature and make believe of that little girl to follow me, it is the best feeling in the world because it helps you keep your sanity in a world of deadly competition. When I look back now to what my life has become, one thing has always stuck in my head; I wanted to be happy. That after all that ambition, I still wanted that space to be part of my life, to be normal, happy and having the chance to enjoy life’s everyday little miracles. I never wanted to miss precious moments, I wanted family, genuine friendship, empathy, to run around the house, sharing, walking bare feet on the sand, lying down on the grass and watching the stars, play in the streams, be in the car and watch the trees as though they were moving backwards, playing in the rain…..and all that. As I figured, I could still be an adult, get my life moving but enjoy the little stuffs like a child; after all, the best things in life are free. I discovered that like most adults being busy does not mean you are productive and I seriously did not want my life to be an assembling line, just running over the same thing over and over; I love adventure and I wanted the fire to burn as long as God keeps me alive. I discovered that money with all that comes with it, will not give you everything and living above my means practically kept me in debt.
There was a time I was always a child for a long time and then I suddenly grew up. Growing up to be the adult I never wanted. Busy, complicated and always agitated. That was when I stepped back and said I wanted to be a child again, re-evaluate my life and understand where I missed it. Things you experience growing up helps you to understand what you really want in life and as I discovered, many adults do not want that complications in their lives, people want to be happy, enjoy the simple things!
I just knew that my dreams had to agree with my personal philosophies and that life is one short trip. The fun is in what happens while you are on the road, not when you reach your destination. Every moment is important and you have to make it count. You cannot be lost in the crowd, you have to get a life and live it. Things you experience growing up helps you to understand what you really want in life and as I discovered, many adults do not want that complications in their lives, people want to be happy, enjoy the simple things!
I just knew that my dreams had to agree with my personal philosophies and that life is one short trip. The fun is in what happens while you are on the road, not when you reach your destination. Every moment is important and you have to make it count. You cannot be lost in the crowd, you have to get a life and live it. You may not be exactly famous like the other guy or girl but it is okay. You can still fit in somewhere and do something. Taking life serious may be okay but it does not necessarily mean you are making progress. You have to enjoy your routine like the child building that sand castle on the beach, which is the only way it will not feel like work.
Right now, I know I cannot be the Doctor, the Lawyer, the Nurse altogether and whatever I decide to is entirely my choice but I cannot and should never loose my mind chasing whatever I wanted to be. Happiness is a thing that you have to define for yourself, only then can you experience it. Happiness is not what people say it is; it is what you know for sure it is. Whatever I choose to be should not be my master, it should not control my life, it should fit into my life as a whole because it is my life and I am in charge of it.
Now that I know to a large extent what I want in life, my life is much easier, no complications, things are simple and I don’t get agitated over problems.
 I do not loose my sleep and I take responsibility for my choices. I don’t get my life fixed on competing with another person; I have my own race to run to the finish. Getting all worked up like shit does not happen is not a good sign. In the end, you have to believe, you will be alright. Enjoy your life and take a cue from that child in your neighbourhood.

Photos: Google, Copyright free

No comments:

Post a Comment