Tuesday, October 4, 2011

AM GAY! What does the Bible really say?

The rest of the world could be stuck in what they actually feel about this controversial topic, people can justify however they feel about it and some could be hypocritical to stay safe, so we just never say nothing but I have to wonder what the Bible actually said….everything: the past, the present and the future lives inside the Holy Book. The controversy trailing being gay leaves me wondering what the Bible says, just like the Da Vinci Code; you have to check what your stance on this is. Nobody should be sitting on the fence! I dare to judge anyone, in fact, am a growing Christian, keeping on with my faith regardless of my failures but it is my opinion and I am entitled to it, however wrong it appears to others. I guess it is true, everyone has prejudice, you have to live with it, you cannot agree with everything!

Does your Pastor ever say a word about it? Perhaps, it is not within his calling jurisdiction. You should not wait on him, find the basis and define what you should believe. It’s going to be you and God in the end, so you might as well now start figuring how you feel about this whole thing. Not like they world should care how you feel and it is not for judgement but it is important never to sit on the fence. 

 Have you read Romans 1? I bet you have on your own or in the church. The day I saw what the Bible verse said about it, it changed everything for me and it reinforced my believe that you cannot sit on the fence especially when it is critical to Eternity. Romans 1:18, 21 – 32 says it all. While some would call it Immorality at the highest form, the Bible clearly speaks about it.
“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men. Who hold truth in unrighteousness.
21; Because that when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful: but vain in their imaginations and their foolish hearts was darkened.
24; Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves.
26; For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature.
27; And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another: men with men working which is unseemingly and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
26 and 27 (NEW CENTURY VERSION); Because people did those things, God left them and let them do shameful things they wanted to do. Women stopped having natural sex and started having sex with other women. In the same way, men stopped having natural sex and began wanting each other.
28; And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind to do those things which are not convenient.

Even with this a lot of people may not agree and loads of people will never speak of this. No matter how much they feel awkward about it, they have their precious reputation to guide. The Bible is clearly against it, which means a true follower of Jesus will have to take this stand because the BIBLE is true no matter how we feel about it. I find people who drag their feet about it in their closet, stand openly to say otherwise. They prefer to sit on the fence and I guess it is what they want for their lives. Great! I can only speak for myself, my opinions and what I understand from this part of my Bible. I have looked at it times over, read countless versions but the message is the same.  Before, we conclude and say otherwise, it is clear. It is not my word and The Bible also has bad feelings about other things. In the 29th verse of Romans 1, The Bible calls people in this category as people with a Reprobate Mind… “Fornication, Wickedness, Covetousness, maliciousness, full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity, backbiters, haters of God, boastful, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents” the list goes on.
So I want to ask people, especially, Christians, do you think being gay and practicising, is sin? I believe, just like fornication that many of us are guilty of even though we have been forgiven, the whole thing goes together.
As I am quick to claim the promises of the Bible, I have to agree with this, whether I like it or not. Some people find it disappointing to see people who are supposed to say it out loud, go out there and say otherwise because they are afraid. Some hate same sex hitting on them and people joke about it. It is understandable and why shouldn’t anyone be scared? You never know where you will get mobbed by people who will take this rather personally. Like I earlier said, as much as I take my stand with The Bible said, I do not Judge, never will. I am not perfect and in this world, people have the right to be whoever they want to. Hang out with and love those they really want to. The Bible is certainly right for me but many people may not understand it my way.

The world has loads of issues and this should not be important now. Besides, it does not concern me how other people run their sexuality, if you will. But I think about this and in writing it, I find more clarity. People do not have to totally agree with me but I am sticking with what God says through His word. If this is what God says, I have to accept it, God CANNOT lie and no matter how we feel about it, it does not make it right. Like Fornication, Sins of the flesh, Immorality to be specific has taken a new toll on our generation; it has plagued everywhere and everything because SEX SELLS. It is the basis of what is acceptable; a little skin will not hurt as we are made to believe.  God does not condemn you, no man has the right to and so if you feel that way, you can be delivered. I had that urge early in my teens, liking girls and the touch that comes with it but I have gotten over that. Like every other things, you can get over it, if you want to. In the end, it is about choice, not other people’s judgement or the world’s standard. You may be at crossroads as a Christian as to what is right, Read Romans 1 and get your understanding. You should not wait on your pastor to counter it or say otherwise, you have to take a stand for what you believe in especially now under the sun. The way you make effort to rise above mediocrity and you take a stand, which is exactly how you should stand. The sad thing is, good works and whatever makes you good, harmless according to the world’s dictionary has no eternal benefit. Where you stand in your faith on everyday issues has greater effect on you.  No sitting on the fence, sooner or Later, you will be forced to take your stand.


No comments:

Post a Comment